This year’s Summer School will approach school innovation and development through the following key-aspects:
1) Designing inclusive learning activities
2) Opening the school to the community
3) Games in 21st century teaching and learning
Please read carefully the preparation instructions that you need to follow before coming to the Summer School. All these steps are important in order to make your participation in the course more meaningful and effective. Please check also the Summer School programme here on a regular basis for any updates.
Here is what you need to do in order to prepare yourself for the Summer School:
1. Register to the Open Discovery Space portal (if you are not already registered) http://portal.opendiscoveryspace.eu . In case you need help, please check the registration manual.
2. Join the ODS Summer School Community . Once you click on “Join”, you will soon receive a confirmation e-mail by the administrator of the community. Please check the community regularly for any updates or announcements and feel free to upload your own posts or other materiall.
3. Fill in your competence profile: Go to “My area” and click on the “Competence profile” button. Fill in your profile. If you need help, please check here.
4. Fill in the e-maturity questionnaire for your school: Most of you are already familiar with this tool. If you have filled in the questionnaire before 2013 please fill it in again to check for any shifts in the scores. In case you haven’t saved your old scores, please contact us at email@example.com and at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have previously filled in the questionnaire, you don’t need to fill it in again. If you have never filled it in, please do so now. You can do this online in your own language. Here are the different language versions
5. Prepare your School Action Plan: Most of you are also familiar with the ODS School Action plan. If you have already submitted your Action Plan, please check it again for any updates, as we will work on the Action Plans in small groups during the Summer School. If you have never prepared your ODS School Action Plan, please use the template that you will receive in order to work on it. in any case, once you have finalised your Action Plan, please send it to Nikos Zygouritsas at email@example.com and Stephanos Cherouvis at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th 2017. Please also bring your completed Action Plan to the Summer School, in print.
6. Prepare an educational scenario: During the course we will work on designing our own educational scenarios by making use of digital tools. In order to prepare yourself for this process, please use this ppt template to design a first draft of your scenario. You will have the opportunity to refine your scenario during the course. Please note the following:
- Your scenario could be associated with any curriculum subject, educational/ pedagogical objectives or ages of students. You are free to design it based on your own interests and needs of your school.
- It should however address three key aspects that the Summer school deals with: a) Games in learning and teaching, b) educational design to meet students’ different learning styles, c) prosocial skills. The scenario template that you will use will give you more specific instructions about this. For more information on these thematic areas, please see the relevant educational resources in the ODS Summer School Community.
- Your scenario should include at least 5 resources. Please add them to your draft version in the ppt file. You can search the ODS portal for relevant resources, or use external ones. In case you have your own digital resources that are not yet available on the ODS portal, please bring them to the Summer School in a USB stick.
- Your scenario, both in its draft ppt version, as well as in its final one, should be in English.
- Once you have completed your draft scenario in the ppt version, please upload it on the Summer School community as an “educational object”. Please do not upload it as an educational scenario yet. Here you can find instructions on how to upload educational content.